Drug Discovery and Development Division
Discover and Develop. And back-up with scientific research
Research Goal: Global Acceptance of Ayurveda
Inaugurated by our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi Jee, our research laboratories are accredited with NABL, DSIR, DBT, and have CPCSEA approved animal house along with well-defined IAEC, IBSC and IEC structures. These are probably one-of-the-kind, literally state-of-the-art facilities to conduct research on Ayurveda. Top of the line equipments and globally trained workforce energizes the research operations, on a daily basis.
The efforts on Drug Discovery and Development are driven by the guidance and ideas from Param Pujya Acharya Jee. The main focus of Drug Discovery and Development Division is to maintain the essential knowledge of Ayurvedic medicine to produce advanced and novel products after detailed experimentation.
Diseases Driven Approach
- Inflammation: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Asthma and Bronchitis
- Metabolic Disorders: Diabetes & pre-Diabetes, Cardio-vascular Diseases, Liver Cirrhosis and Hepatic Damages, Kidney Diseases, Dyslipidemia
- Neuroscience: Pain and Diabetic Neuropathy, Learning and Memory, Stress and Cognitive Functions
- Infectious Diseases: Anti-bacterial; Anti-fungal; Anti-viral; Host Defense
- Classical: Formulations described in Authoritative Text of Ayurveda
- Patent: Proprietary, Self-Experienced Formulations
Our Approach for Reverse Pharmacology
Research Planning as per Disease type:
- Unmet needs
- Specific disease targets
- Epidemiological information,
- Clinical interventions.
Research Planning as per Formulation type and its intended use:
- Gutika Vati
- Owath/Pravahi Qwath
- Khsaar – Lavana/Satva
Laboratory and Clinical Research
Synergies between laboratory and clinical research in Drug Discovery and Development Division. Upon successful research done at the Biology laboratories, clinical trials will be followed.
- In-vitro and Nano-Ayurvedic BioScience (NABS)
- Clinical Research